Subramanian Swamy is an Indian Politician, Economist, and Statistician who serves as a nominated Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament. He was one of the founding members of the Janata Party. He was also a Professor of Mathematical Economics at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. He joined Bharatiya Janata party in 2013.
Subramanian Swamy Wiki
|Politician, Economist, Statistician
|Current Political Party
|Bharatiya Janata Party (2013-Present)
|Previous Political Parties
|Bharatiya Jana Sangh (1974-1977)
Janata Party (1997-2013)
|15 September 1939
|82 Years as of 2021
|Mylapore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|B.Sc in Mathematics
Ph.D. in Economics
|Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
|University of Delhi
|Rs 1.75 Crore (as of 2004)
Subramanian Swamy was born on 15 September 1939 in Mylapore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He belongs to Hindu Brahmin Family. His Father Sitaraman Subramanian was a bureaucrat and his Mother Padmavathi was a homemaker. He has one younger brother as well as two younger sisters.
Subramanian ji family hailed from Madurai, Tamil Nadu but moved to New Delhi when he was only six months old.
- Alex Murdaugh: Net Worth, Early Life, Suspense, and Controversies
- Subramanian Swamy Biography| Career| Family| Age| Facts & More
- Jordan Schlansky Biography| Height| Age| Wife| Family| Children| House| Net Worth 2021| Birthday & More
Subramanian Swamy Political Career
Subramanian Swamy started his career in Politics with his involvement in the Sarvodaya movement which was an apolitical movement but which formed the foundation of the creation of the Janata Party later. Later he became a staunch opponent of Indira Gandhi and went underground during the Emergency.
Then later he was expelled from IIT Delhi. This marked the beginning of his active political career. He was an elected Member of Parliament five times between 1974 and 1999. As a Lok Sabha candidate, he has represented the city of Mumbai North East twice (1977 and 1980) and the city of Madurai (1998). As a Rajya Sabha candidate, he has represented Uttar Pradesh (1974) in the Parliament.
Swamy served as a member of the Planning Commission of India and as a Cabinet Minister of Commerce and Law between 1990-91.
• Dr. Swamy served as the Chairman of the Commission on Labour Standards and International Trade between 1994 and 1996.
• After serving as the President of Janata Party till 2013, he officially joined Bhartiya Janata Party when Rajnath Singh was the party president.
• In 2016, he was made a Member of Rajya Sabha by the President of India.
Subramanian Swamy Family
Subramanian Swamy belongs to the Hindu Brahmin Family hailed from Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. His Father Sitaraman Subramanian was an officer in the Indian Statistical Service who served as the director of the Central Statistical Institute in Delhi, and was a statistical adviser to the Government of India. And his Mother Padmavathi Ji was a homemaker. Swamy Ji married Roxna Swamy in 1966. Swamy Ji has two daughters. The elder daughter, Gitanjali Swamy, is an entrepreneur and private equity professional. The younger daughter, Suhasini Haidar, is a print and television journalist.
|Brother- Ram Subramanian (Younger)
Two younger Sisters
|Married (m. 1966)
Daughter- Gitanjali Swamy (Entrepreneur & Private equity professional)
Suhasini Haider (Print & Television Journalist)
Subramanian Swamy Ji earned his Bachelor’s Degree in B.Sc Mathematics from Hindu College, University of Delhi. And then he took his master’s degree in Statistics from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. He later went to study at Harvard University where he received his P.hD in Economics in the year 1965.
• Swamy erupted controversy with his tweet seeking the removal of former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan, adding that he is mentally not completely Indian.
• Just as the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was beamed by TV channels in Beijing wearing coat and tie, Swamy made yet another remark on his rival saying “BJP should direct our Ministers to wear traditional and modernized Indian clothes while abroad. In coat and tie, they look like waiters.”
|Q: Who is Subramanian Swamy?
|A: Subramanian Swamy is an Indian Politician, Economist, and Statistician who serves as a nominated Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament. He was one of the founding members of the Janata Party. He was also a Professor of Mathematical Economics at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. He joined Bharatiya Janata party in 2013.
|Q: What is the age of Subramanian Swamy?
|A: He is 82 years old as of 2021.
|Q: Which party does Subramanian Swamy belong to?
|A: He belongs to Bharatiya Janata Party he joined the party in 2013.