Rani Rampal – Indian Field Hockey Player
Rani Rampal is an Indian Field Hockey player. rani was the youngest player on the National team which participated in the World Cup 2010 when She was only 15 years old. Rani Rampal’s approx Net Worth is $2 – $5 million. Rani plays forward for the team. Rani has played 212 international matches and scored 134 goals. She is currently the Captain of the Indian Women’s Hockey Team. She has a great fascination with CWG. In 2020, the Government of India honored her with the Padma Shri.
Rani Rampal was born on 04 December 1994 in Shahabad Markanda in the Kurukshetra district of Haryana. Rani’s father worked as Cart-puller. As of 2021, Rani’s age is 27. Rani Rampal’s height is about 5 feet 3 inches. She took to field hockey in 2003 and trained at the Shahabad Hockey Academy under Baldev Singh, a recipient of the Dronacharya Award.
Rani Rampal Performance in Tokyo Olympics 2020
Table of Contents
On Day 10 of Tokyo Olympics 2021, the Indian women’s hockey team scripted history by qualifying for the Olympic Games semifinals for the first time, beating three-time champions Australia by a solitary goal. A day after the Indian men’s team entered the Olympic semifinals following a 49-year gap, the world no. 9 women’s side also entered the history books with a phenomenally gritty performance. Rani Rampal was a proud skipper and hailed her team’s performance after the historic win.
Rani Rampal Wiki
|Full Name||Rani Rampal|
|Profession||Indian Field Hockey Player (Captain)|
|Coached by||Not known|
|Birthday (DOB)||04 December 1994|
|Age||27 Years (as in 2021)|
|Birth Place||Shahbad, Haryana, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Hobbies||Hockey Practice, Listening to Music, Shopping|
|Education Qualifications||B. A. (Final Year Dropout)|
|Net Worth||$2 – $5 Million|
|Last Updated||July 2021|
Rani Rampal Early Life
Rani Rampal was born on 04 December 1994 in Shahbad, Haryana, India. Rani’s Father Rampal works as a cart-puller.
Rani Rampal joined the town’s hockey team at the age of six. In 2003, she started training at the Shahbad Hockey Academy. Here, she met the man, who changed her life. Dronacharya award-winner coach, Baldev Singh, supported Rani and is equal to God for her.
“I always thought about quitting hockey because of the poverty but Baldev Sir helped me a lot. He’s very proud now. Whatever I am today is because of him. He worked so hard for me. He knows everything about me, where I come from, and he helped me off the pitch as well. So whenever I talk about him, I feel like: ‘Oh my god.’ He’s like a god for me. Now I’m getting emotional,” Rani told The Guardian in an interview.
However, he was extremely strict when required. Rani has time and again shared an instance where she was just 2 minutes late for practice and Singh asked her to pay a fine of 200 rupees.
Read also: Mirabai Chanu Net Worth 2021, Prizes, Salary
It was a huge amount for Rani then, as her father used to just earn 100 rupees per day. Rani gave those 100 rupees to Singh and apologized. Singh returned the money at the end of the day with an extra 100 rupees, and Rani was so touched that she was never late for any practice session again.
Times were so difficult for the family then that they didn’t even own a proper watch. Rani’s mother used to wake up very early so that Rani could reach her practice session at 5 am.
Rani got an opportunity to win a clock as a prize in a handwriting competition at her school. Unfortunately, her handwriting wasn’t good, but she continued practicing and won the clock for her mother. Her mother’s peaceful sleep was worth all the effort!
Rani Rampal Hockey Career
Rani Rampal started her career in Hockey at the town’s hockey team at the age of six. In 2003, she started training at the Shahbad Hockey Academy.
In the year 2009, Rani took part in the Champion’s Challenge Tournament in Russia. She was the top scorer, as well as the Young Player of the Tournament award winner. She was instrumental in the team’s victory and scored 4 goals. The silver medal at the 2009 Asia Cup was another exciting milestone for her.
Rani won the Best Young Player of the Tournament award at the 2010 World Cup. She was just 15 then and became the youngest player in the national team to participate in the World Cup. She went on to score 7 goals in the tournament. Even at the 2013 Junior World Cup, Rani was declared as the Player of the Tournament.
The captain of the Indian hockey women’s team was also a part of the squad that represented India in Rio 2016, the first time the eves had qualified for the Games in 36 years.
She was part of the 2017 Women’s Asian Cup, and they also won the title second time in 2017 at Kakamigahara in Japan, for the first time the trophy was brought in the year 2004, due to this they got selected for the world cup which was held in 2018.
She led the Indian women’s hockey team as captain in the 2018 Asian Games, where they won a silver medal and was India’s flag-bearer for the closing ceremony of the games.
She worked as Assistant Coach with Sports Authority Of India.
Rani Rampal Height, Weight & physical Apperance
|Height||in feet & inches – 5’5”|
in centimeters – 165 cm
in meters – 1.65 m
|Weight||in Kilograms – 60 Kg|
in Pounds – 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Rani Rampal Family
|Father||Rampal (Cart Puller)|
|Mother||Name Not Known|
|Last Updated||July 2021|
Rani Rampal Awards & Achievements
- Arjuna Award, 2016
- FIH Young Player of the Tournament, 2010
- FICCI Comeback of the Year, 2014
- Padma Shri – 2020
- Rajiv Gandi Khel Ratna Award – 2020
- Scored 4 goals and led India to win the finals of 2009 Champion’s Challenge Tournament held in Kazan, Russia
- Became Best Young Player of the Tournament in 2010 Women’s Hockey World Cup
- Clinched bronze medal along with her team at the 2013 Women’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup, held in Mönchengladbach.
- Adjudged the “Player of the Tournament” award at the 2013 Junior World Cup
- Entitled with FICCI Comeback of the Year award in 2014
- Earned a Bronze medal along with her team at the 2014 Asian Games, held in Incheon
- She was the flag bearer of the Indian contingent at the closing ceremony of the 2018 Jakarta Asian Games
- Part of the team that won the Silver medal at the 2018 Asian Games, held in Jakarta
Rani Rampal Net Worth
Rani’s Net worth has been growing significantly in the years 2020-2021. So, how much is Rani Rampal worth at the age of 27 years old? Rani Rampal’s income source is mostly from being a successful Hockey Player and captain. She is from India. We have estimated Rani Rampal’s net worth, money, salary, income, and assets.
|Net Worth 2021||$2 Million- $5 Million|
|Salary||Not Verified Yet|
|Sources of Income||Hockey Matches, Assistant Coach, Brands|
Interesting Facts About Rani Rampal
- Rani Rampal was born in a poor family. Her Father is a Cart-puller and her Mother is a Housewife.
- She is the recipient of the Arjuna Award (in 2016) for her outstanding performance in the sport.
- At the 2009 Champion’s Challenge Tournament held in Russia, she scored four goals in the finals, helping India secure a Gold. She was named the ‘Top Goal Scorer’ and the ‘Young Player of the Tournament’.
- Rani played her 200th match against Korea in March 2018 and is considered one of the best Women’s Hockey players in the world.
- She was also the part of the Junior Hockey Team in the 2013 World Cup where India won the Bronze medal.
- Rani Rampal was the youngest player ever to play the World Cup 2010 in Canada, at the age of 15 years, and she was the top goal scorer as well, scoring 7 goals.
- When she joined the team at 14 years old, she had no idea about the Olympics. When they lost in the qualifiers of the Olympics, some of her senior players cried, but she could not understand as to why it was such a big deal.
- She currently works for the Sports Authority of India, but there was a time she used to work in the railways where she was paid 12 thousand a month.
- She was supported by the GoSports Foundation and was provided with financial support; as her parents could not pay for her training.
Since her childhood, Rani has always dreamt of having a big house for her family; as she spent most of her childhood in a small house. Now, after shining in the sport of Hockey, she owns her dream house.
|Q: When did Rani Rampal was born?|
|A: Rani was born on 04 December 1994.|
|Q: What is the age of Rani Rampal?|
|A: As of 2021, She is 27 Year Old.|
|Q: What is Rani Rampal Famous for?|
|A: Rani Rampal is considered one of the best women hockey players in the world and has a knack for scoring crucial goals, like her decisive strike which helped India qualify for the Tokyo Olympics|
|Q: What is the religion of Rani Rampal?|
|A: The religion of Vandana Katariya is Hindu.|
|Q: Who is the Captain of the India Women’s Hockey Team?|
|A: Rani Rampal|