Lovlina Borgohain – Indian Boxer
Lovlina Borgohain is an Indian Amateur Women Boxer. Lovlina first started her career as a Kickboxer, but she switched to Boxing later when she found the opportunity to do so. Lovlina has previously won a Bronze medal at the 2018 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships and the 2019 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships. Lovlina ever won the Gold medal at the 1st India Open International Boxing Tournament held in New Delhi and the silver medal at the 2nd India Open International Boxing Tournament held in Guwahati.
Lovlina Borgohain has become the first woman from Assam to qualify for the Olympics and the second boxer from the state to represent the country after Shiva Thapa. In 2020, she became the sixth person from Assam to receive Arjuna Award.
Lovlina was born on 02 October 1997 in the Golaghat district of Assam, India. She is 24 years old as of 2021. Lovlina’s Height is approx 5 feet and 10 inches.
Lovlina Borgohain in Tokyo Olympics 2020
Table of Contents
Lovlina on 30th July secured the Second Medal for India in Tokyo Olympics 2020 after Mirabai Chanu Silver Medalist in Tokyo Olympics 2020. Lovlina defeated the German Boxer Nadina Apetza and on 30th July she defeated Chinese Taipei’s Chen Nien-chin and confirmed her medal in Tokyo Olympics.
Lovlina Borgohain won hard-fought Bronze Medal at Tokyo 2020. She becomes only the third Indian boxer after Mary Kom and Vijender Singh to win a boxing medal at the Olympics.
Lovlina Borgohain Wiki
Lovlina Borgohain Early Life
Lovlina was born on 02 October 1997 in the Golaghat district of Assam, India. She is 24 years old as of 2021. Lovlina Father Tiken is a small-scale businessman and struggled financially to Support their Children. Lovlina is the youngest daughter of her parents. Her two elder sisters Licha and Lima also competed at the National Level at kickboxing but did not pursue it beyond that. Lovlina both elder twin sisters are doing service in BSF and CISF respectively.
Lovlina is hard working since her Childhood. Her Childhood was different from other Kids. She was tall than her Age. Lovlina loves to wear Half-Pants and T-Shirts more than Mekhela-Sador (Assamese Traditional Women’s Dress). She drops out of school early due to not wearing Mekhela-Sador since it is compulsory to wear Mekhel-Sador in Assam Government Schools.
One day her father brought sweets packaged in a newspaper. Then on the newspaper piece, she found an article about Mohammed Ali, the greatest boxer of all time. That was the first time she knew about the term “Boxing”.
Lovlina joins her sister in practicing of Muay-Thai Martial arts. but she loves Boxing then the Martial arts coach introduce her to a trainer “Padum Boro” of the Sports Authority of India in 2012. Coach Padum Boro saw her talent and brought her to Guwahati (Assam). Then after hard work and practicing boxing, Lovlina never had to look back on her life. She has received many prizes and titles in boxing.
Lovlina Borgohain Boxing Career
Lovlina started her career in Boxing when she participated in India trials by The Sports Authority of India when she was in School, Barpathar Girls High School.
International Boxing Career
Lovlina’s career’s biggest International break came when she was selected to participate in the 2018 Commonwealth Games welterweight boxing category. Then after 2018, CWG Lovlina won Gold Medal in the Welterweight category at an International Boxing Championship held in February 2018.
Earlier before 2018, CWG Lovlina won a Bronze medal at the Asian Boxing Championships in Vietnam in November 2017 and the bronze medal at the President’s Cup held in Astana in June 2017. In June 2018 Lovlina won a silver medal at the Ulaanbaatar Cup in Mongolia and a bronze medal at the 13th International Silesian Championship in Poland held in September 2018.
AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships 2018
Lovlina Borgohain represented India for the first time at the AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship which was held in New Delhi. On 23 November 2018, she won the Bronze medal in the Welterweight(69 kg) category.
AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships 2019
In 2019, Lovlina Borgohain got selected for her second Women’s World Boxing Championships held at Ulan-Ude, Russia. The championship was held from 3–13 October 2019 without trials. Lovlina was defeated by China’s Yang Liu in the 69 kg category semi-final by 2-3 and Borgohain had to settle with a Bronze medal.
Asia & Oceania Boxing Olympic Qualification Tournament 2020
Borgohain secured the Olympic berth in the 69 kg with a 5-0 win over Maftunakhon Melieva of Uzbekistan in March 2020 during Asia & Oceania Boxing Olympic Qualification Tournament. After winning this tournament, Lovlina became the first-ever sportswoman from Assam to qualify for the Olympics and represent the country.
Lovlina Borgohain Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||in feet & inches – 5’10”|
in centimeters – 177 cm
in meters – 1.77 m
|Weight||in Kilograms – 69 Kg|
in Pounds – 152 lbs
Lovlina Borgohain Family Members
|Father||Tiken (small-scale businessman)|
Sister(s)– Licha, Lima (both elder)
|Last Updated||July 2021|
Lovlina Borgohain Awards & Achievements
- Arjuna Award, presented by President Ram Nath Kovind virtually for her outstanding performance in boxing.
- Asian Championships Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 2017: Bronze Medal
- World Championships New Delhi, India 2018: Bronze Medal
- World Championships Ulan-Ude, Russia 2019: Bronze Medal
- Asian Championships Dubai 2021: Bronze Medal
Lovlina Borgohain Social Medial
INSTAGRAM:- VISIT NOW
TWITTER:- VISIT NOW
FACEBOOK:- VISIT NOW
View this post on Instagram
Interesting Facts About Lovlina Borgohain
- Lovlina Borgohain is an Indian amateur boxer who is the first woman from Assam to qualify for the Olympics.
- She is the second boxer from Assam to represent India in boxing after Shiva Thapa.
- Lovlina’s elder sisters were both Kickboxers. Lovlina too got inspired by them and started Kickboxing when she was in her teenage. Her sisters played the game till the national level but did not pursue it beyond that.
- Later, she took part in the trials held at her school by the Sports Authority of India. At the trials, she came to the notice of the boxing coach Padum Boro. Padum selected her and began her training in boxing in 2012
- She won a bronze medal at the Asian Boxing Championships in Vietnam in 2017.
- In the same year, he won a bronze at the President’s Cup held in Astana.
- In 2018, Lovlina participated in the welterweight category in India Open – an international boxing championship and won a gold medal. Her win secured her a place in the Common Wealth Games in 2018.
- In her spare time, she likes to travel and watch television.
- She is fond of cats and keeps posting her pictures with cats on her Instagram account
- In 2020, Lovlina made her place in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after winning a bronze medal in the 2020 Asia and Oceania Boxing Olympic qualifiers.
- In 2020, she received the Arjuna Award for her performance in boxing.
Lovlina Borgohain – FAQs
|Q: What is the Name of Lovlina’s Parents?|
|A: Lovlina’s Father’s Name is Tiken and her Mother’s name is Mamoni Borgohain.|
|Q: What is the Age of Lovlina Borgohain?|
|A: As of 2021, She is 24 Year Old.|
|Q: Where is Lovlina Borgohain born?|
|A: Golaghat District, Assam, India|
|Q: What is the height of Lovlina Borgohain?|
|A: 5 Feet 10 Inches.|
|Q: What is the religion of Lovlina Borgohain?|