Deepa Malik – Indian Athlete
Deepa Malik is an Indian Athlete, a daring biker, efficient swimmer, motivational speaker, a successful entrepreneur, and above all India’s first woman to bag a Paralympic medal-Deepa Malik; the lady who never bowed down her head in front of adversity and fought against all the odds of life. By bagging a Silver medal in the Rio Olympics of 2016 in the women’s shot-put F53 event, Deepa scripted her name in the history of sports. She has excelled in all those fields in which she took the interest, becoming more and more humble with each accomplishment instead of bragging about them.
Deepa is associated with the Himalayan Motorsports Association (H.M.A.) and Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (F.M.S.C.I.). She has undertaken an 8-day, 1,700-km drive in sub-zero temperatures which included a climb to 18,000 feet (5,500 m).
Deepa’s life took an unexpected turn in the year 1999. She was diagnosed with a spinal tumor. Even after undergoing three surgeries that resulted in almost 200 stitches, she was still left paralyzed below the waist. Since then Deepa is bound to a wheelchair, but the disability couldn’t cage her free spirit.
Deepa Malik Wiki
Deepa Malik Early Life
Deepa Malik was born on 30 September 1970 in Bhainswal Kalan, a small Sonepat district in Haryana, India. Her father, Colonel B. K. Nagpal was in the army, so Deepa was brought up under strict discipline. However, there were a few concerns during her childhood, as she was prone to paralytic shocks from the age of 8. Even though her family was extremely concerned, young Deepa was hardly affected, as she completed her schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Fort Willam, Kolkata, and her college education from Sophia College, Ajmer. She grew up with an inclination towards sports and bikes. In fact, it was their passion for bikes that brought Deepa and her husband, Colonel Bikram Singh, together.
Deepa later revealed in an interview that the couple had first met each other in a park, a place where both of them would go for sprinting and daily exercises. One day, Bikram brought a motorbike along with him and Deepa could not resist the urge to ride the motorbike. She directly asked the shocked boy for the keys and went for a spin. Realizing her passion for biking, Bikram actually used a bike to ask her hand for marriage. Deepa was just 20 years old at that time but agreed to his proposal. The two of them got married on 27th June 1989.
It was a match made in heaven, and the two of them were happily married together. They even had two daughters, who added to their joy.
- Rohit Gulia Biography| Pro Kabaddi League 2021| Salary PKL 2021
- Nitin Tomar Biography| Pro Kabaddi League 2021| Salary PKL 2021
- Deepak Niwas Hooda Biography| Pro Kabaddi League 2021| Salary
Deepa Malik- A Real-Life Inspiration
Deepa Malik has been in a wheelchair since 1999. People who think that Deepa Malik is disabled must remember that Deepa has seen more of the world than most of us combined. Deepa Malik has competed in events in the far corners of the globe and has won accolades in foreign countries. Deepa Malik has brought honor to her country in far-off lands. How can someone like her be a disabled person?
Deepa Malik has shown to the world that our disabilities are limited to our minds alone. If we strive to achieve something with all our hearts, there’s no dream big enough and nothing impossible in the world. Deepa Malik has been a living example of the true spirit of life. Despite the fact that Deepa Malik started her sporting career at the age of 36 and from a wheelchair, Deepa has won 51 Gold. 5 Silver and 2 Bronze medals in the National and State level competitions. Deepa Malik also has 23 International Medals to her name and has created countless records too.
Deepa Malik’s journey continues to this day and she has shown no signs of stopping any time soon. For the lady who refused to bow down to death and disability, the sky truly is the limit.
Read also: P.V Sindhu Net Worth, Salary, Prizes, Cars, Racket Price
Deepa Malik Family
|Father||Balkrishan Nagpal (Indian Army Personnel)|
|Siblings||Brother– Vikram Nagpal|
|Marital Status||Married (m. 27 June 1989)|
|Spouse||Bikram Singh (Indian Army Officer)|
• Ambika Malik (Works at Rotaract Club of JGU)
• Devika Malik (Works at CCYDN Commonwealth Children & Youth Disability Network)
|Last Updated||August 2021|
Deepa Malik Net Worth
|Net Worth||Approx. $5 Million|
|Salary||Not Confirmed Yet|
- Aditi Ashok(Indian Golfer) Biography| World Rankings| Tokyo Olympics| Net Worth| Income| Age| Height| Wiki & More
- Arjun Deshwal Biography| Age| Net Worth| Wife| Height| Salary| Coach| Auction & More
- Avani Lekhara Biography| Success Story| Disability| Net Worth| Medals| Age| Height| Paralympics & more
Deepa Malik Medal Won
• IWAS World Games (2009): Bronze medal in Shot Put
• Para-Asian Games China (Dec 2010): Bronze Medal
• IPC World Athletics Championship (Jan 2011): Silver Medal
• IWAS World Games Sharjah (Dec 2011): Two Bronze Medals
• Incheon Asian Para Games (2014): Silver medal in women’s 53–54 Javelin throw
• Paralympic Games, Rio (2016): Silver Medal in Shot Put
• Asian Para Games, Jakarta (2018): 2 Bronze Medals (1 Bronze F53/F54 Category in Javelin Throw, 1 Bronze F51/52/53 Category in Discus Throw)
Note: Besides 23 international medals and 58 national and state level medals (51 Gold, 5 Silver, 2 Bronze), she has many more accolades to her name.
Deepa Malik Awards
|2007: Rotary Women of the year award|
2009: Naari Gaurav Puraskar
2009: Rashtra Gaurav Puraskar
2012: Arjuna Award
2014: Limca people of the year award
2017: Padma Shri Award
2019: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
Deepa Malik Records
• IPC Asian Record In Javelin F-53 Category
• Three National Records In Throws (Discus, Javelin, and Shot-put) In F-53 Category
• Three National Records In S-1 Swimming Category (Back Stroke, Breast Stroke, and FreeStyle)
• 2008: Swimming in River Yamuna Against The Current For 1 km. Allahabad
• 2009: Riding Special Bike
• 2011: Driving Across Nine High Altitude Passes in Nine Days on Leh-Ladakh Highest Motorable Roads.
• 2013: Longest Pan-India drive done by a paraplegic woman (Chennai-Delhi 3278 km)
Deepa Malik Social Media
Instagram – Visit Now
Twitter – Visit Now
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
I thank @SvayamIndia for being the accessibility partner for Team @ParalympicIndia off to Tokyo.. the accessible vans and their lovely gift suitcases have made our travel experience so seamless.. and yes #AbJunoonJitega @SminuJindal thank u for all the support. pic.twitter.com/o4osqi4ch7— Deepa Malik (@DeepaAthlete) August 18, 2021
FAQs About Deepa Malik
|Q: When did Deepa Malik was born?|
|A: Deepa Malik was born on 30 September 1970.|
|Q: What is the age of Deepa Malik?|
|A: As of 2021, Deepa Malik is 51 Year Old.|